How to use your Wegovy pen
Do not use your pen without receiving training from your healthcare provider. Make sure that you or your caregiver know how to give an injection with the pen before you start your treatment.
Read and follow the instructions so that you use your pen correctly:
Step 1. Prepare for your injection.
- Supplies you will need to give your Wegovy injection:
- Wegovy pen
- 1 alcohol swab or soap and water
- 1 gauze pad or cotton ball
- 1 sharp disposable container
- Wash your hands.
- Check your Wegovy pen.
Do not use your Wegovy pen if:
- The pen appears to have been used or any part of the pen appears broken, for example, if it has been dropped.
- The Wegovy medicine is not clear and colorless through the pen window.
- The expiration date (EXP) has passed.
Contact Us if your Wegovy pen fails any of these checks.
Step 2. Choose your injection site.
- Your healthcare provider can help you choose the injection site that is best for you
- You may inject into your upper legs (front of the thighs) or lower stomach (keep 2 inches away from your belly button). The best place online wegovy where to buy?
- Another person may give the injection in the upper arm.
- Do not inject into an area where the skin is tender, bruised, red, or hard. Avoid injecting into areas with scars or stretch marks.
- You may inject in the same body area each week, but make sure it is not in the same spot each time.
Clean the injection site with an alcohol swab or soap and water. Do not touch the injection site after cleaning.
Step 3. Remove pen cap.
- Pull the pen cap straight off your pen.
Step 4. Inject Wegovy.
- Push the pen firmly against your skin until the yellow bar has stopped moving.
If the yellow bar does not start moving, press the pen more firmly against your skin.
- You will hear 2 clicks during the injection.
- Click 1: the injection has started.
- Click 2: the injection is ongoing.
Step 5. Throw away (dispose of) pen.
Safely dispose of the Wegovy pen right away after each use. See How do I throw away (dispose of) Wegovy pens?
Located on the back of your pen. Check that Wegovy™
has not expired.
Always check that you have the medication and
dose your health care provider prescribed.
C. Wegovy Pen window
BEFORE USE: Check that Wegovy™ is clear and colorless.
Air bubbles are normal and do not affect your dose.
Check that the yellow bar has stopped moving to make sure
you received your full dose.
D. Needle cover
BEFORE USE: The needle is hidden inside.
AFTER USE: Needle cover locks after use.
E. Wegovy Pen cap
Remove it just before you are ready to inject.
Protecting your wegovy pen
- Do not drop your pen or knock it against hard surfaces
- Do not expose your pen to any liquids
- If you think that your pen may be damaged, do not try to fix it. Use a new one
- Keep the pen cap on until you are ready to inject. Your pen will no longer be sterile if you store it without the cap, if you pull the pen cap off and put it on again, or if the pen cap is missing. This could lead to an infection
- Buy Wegovy Online
Storing your wegovy pen
- Store the Wegovy™ pen in the refrigerator from 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C)
- If needed, before removing the pen cap, Wegovy™ can be stored from 46°F to 86°F (8°C to 30°C) in the original carton for up to 28 days
- Keep Wegovy™ in the original carton to protect it from light
- Do not freeze
- Throw away the pen if Wegovy™ has been frozen, has been exposed to light or temperatures above 86°F (30°C), or has been out of the refrigerator for 28 days or longer
Disposing of your used wegovy pens
- It’s important to properly dispose of your used Wegovy™ pens. Do not throw the pen away in your household trash. Instead, use an FDA-cleared sharps disposable container or a sturdy household container with a tight-fitting lid, like a heavy-duty plastic container